Playing Peek-a-boo with a Parrot

After fours days of watching Rootstech sessions, you might be forgiven if you thought that I had gone a bit, 'crazy!' But no, I haven't. You might also wonder what a parrot has to do with genealogy, well...

Yesterday Helen Smith and Judy G Russell, genealogists, arrived, for #Congress_2018 and Jennie Fairs and I took them out, to Symbio Zoo, just south of Sydney at Helensburg. https://symbiozoo.com.au/

This little zoo is home to a wonderful array of Australian native animal and birds. We had cuddles with a koala, fed a kangaroo and a paddy melon, (small wallaby), saw a sleepy wombat and Tasmanian Devil. Then there were the birds, beautiful native birds. Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoos, Sulpher Crested Cockatoos, Gang Gangs, Finches of various types, Tawney Frogmouths and two pairs of  Eclectus Parrots. It was one of males that wanted to play peek-a-boo.

                                             Imogen, the koala was lovely to pat.
                                                                    One sleepy wombat.

 Judy and friend.

Tasmanian Devil.

Helen, Judy and Jennie were looking at the finches and I wandered over to another avery, to see what was in it, Eelectus Parrots, Tawney Frogmouths and Pied Herons. Now I love Tawney Frogmouths and was looking in the cage when I heard a noise, turned and there, right at my eye height was Gizmo, the parrot, (I learnt his name later, when I made a comment to the keeper).  I said 'hello' and  called the others to come and see. He didn't move, as some birds do, but happily 'posed' for photos. I had spotted the frogmouths and moved slightly to take photos, when a little head popped out from behind a sign, I pulled back, behind the sign, Gizmo did the same. I peeked out from behind the sign, he did the same.  This went on for several minutes, with the others laughing at us. We moved away and he followed us to the end of his cage and kept calling to us.

                                                    Gizmo, playing peek-a-boo.

Symbio's is a great place to take the kids, not to big, very flat and easy to get around.

So go and play peek-a-boo, with Gizmo.
Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek