Quilt Retreat. Saturday 29 April, day 2.

My day started around 5.00am, with a locked bathroom! A knife soon made it unlocked. One of my roomies had locked the door and closed it when she came out, not a good idea. Up and dressed, Lorraine and I hit the sewing with gusto. But only after coffee for her and a cuppa for me.

A chorus of kookaburras heralded the dawn.
 
After sewing for a while Lola and I went for a walk. Our aim was the lookout but we were thwarted by the path being so very muddy that gumboots were needed. 


 
We were treated to beautiful scenery, along the way.

This is the Chapel, nestled in the bush.

Inside.

Our dose of cuteness, Puppy #5.
 
 
 
 
My morning was very productive, with this being the result of the half hexagons, in Friday's photo.
I'm going to trim the edges, pad it with wadding and raw edge applique it to a dark purple background. This quilt also caused me to be fined, as I broke a needle and then had the thread breaking, constantly, so I had a temper tantrum.
 
 
 


 
Another fiddly quilt. Those strips are 1" finished and each block is 3" finished. This is going to become a dolls quilt for the cradle, Hannah is getting, for her birthday. The cradle was mine and it gets passed down.
 
 
One of the four beautifully set tables, for a formal dinner. We were waited on, with the meal being either roast lamb or roast pork and all the trimmings. Yum.
 
Our chefs, for the weekend were Gary, Jo's husband and Graham, husband of one of the quilters. Their meals were fantastic. Quiche or lasagne was Saturday's lunch, with salad. Home made dips for afternoon tea. We girls didn't go hungry.
The 'cupcakes' in the middle, were pincushions and we were each given one. 
 
More sewing, after dinner and a bit of a late night.
 
More to come.
Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek