A Weekend of Not Much!

I had a lazy weekend, with there being rain on both days, it was just what I needed to do some research. I did plant both cauliflowers and broccoli on Saturday, along with a gardenia.
Called Magnificent, it has large perfumed flowers. 

So which is which? Left, cauliflower, right, broccoli.

The vegie patch, with a self-seeded tomato.
The lovely rain, we have had, will give them a good start.
 
Then it was Research Time!
 
I've made the decision to publish my book, this year and am finishing of my research. I browsed The Dictionary of Sydney, website and found it fantastic.
 The home page has 12 different buttons, under the Browse section. They cover such things as people, maps, artefacts, buildings and the red button is A-Z. If you don't know what it might be under, you use the red button.  I found what I was looking for, easily and then I 'played' for a while. Did you know that you can see the map of the ferry routes, for 1908? Not much has changed, there.

My next website I searched was The City of Sydney. www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au   While it is the Council's main site, there is a wonderful section called Learn and under that there is five different subheadings. I was searching for old street maps but was easily distracted by all manner of information, both old and new. Even if you aren't researching family history, have a look for information about your area. They also have the Sands Directories online, for free. While you can't search them, you are able to see each page and it is easy to workout which section you need. It was fun to spend a couple of hours, tracing my great-great-grandfather, through them.

How did you spend your weekend?

Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek