A Useful Book

Before I went to Salt Lake City, I indulged myself and purchased this book. I had read several reviews about it had even flicked through it before I made my decision. At $35, it is excellent value and well worth the investment, for serious researchers or even for those wanting to explore cemeteries, for fun.

Wonderfully illustrated with both the colour modern photos and photos from the past, it delights the eye.

Divided into nine different areas, covering Greater Sydney, as far west as the Hawkesbury, it lists both old and new cemeteries, not just the big ones like Rookwood or Waverley. A map is given at the start of each section and each cemetery has the full address, a date range for burials, notable burials,  more information, some also have tips, like where to park. Lisa also does a 'Top 5', for things like Seraphs and Angels,  Floral Displays, to name just two. I first just flicked through and read those only, then went back and read up on the cemeteries I was interested in.

Published in 2016 by NewSouth Publishing, University of New South Wales.  The Society of Australian Genealogists, Dymocks, QBD and Kinokuniya have it listed in their catalogues.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek