My Wedding Dress

Forty-one years ago my dear, then to be mother-in-law made my wedding dress. She was a dressmaker, before her marriage and having only sons, didn't think that she would ever make another wedding dress. I didn't like any of the store made ones, so she took on the task. My veil was a Juliette cap and Mum spent hours sewing lace flowers on the two tiers.

 
Now, today, I'm about to start to take it apart and make our youngest Granddaughter's Christening dress.
 

The bodice had Chantilly lace and the sleeves were Chantilly lace, as well. The crepe was embossed with Lily of the Valley.

I'll post a blog with the Christening dress, once it is made.

Bye,
Lilian.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek