Travel Tips

I know some of my friends travel way more than I have, but I've discovered some things that I thought might be useful.

Photos. Boy how we love to take photos and with a digital camera we take heaps. Before we left I purchased six SD cards, labelled each one, with the countries we were going to and slipped them into labelled snap lock bags and then into a plastic case. The night before we left a country, I'd change cards, and LOCK the one I'd just removed. This way I only have photos from one country on each card and am only dealing with small amounts of photos at a time. (I haven't counted how many in total, will let you know.)


Keep a journal. I promised myself that I would keep a journal, on the iPad, never happened. My husband bought me this journal, for Christmas, it hasn't any dates, like travel journals, so it was perfect. I picked up the four coloured pen at Sydney airport, as I'd managed to pack the other pen in the suitcase. I dated and named each day, Saturday, 25 July 2015, Venice. Then when I did the next page, like this, 25/7/2015 cont'd, encase the book fell apart. I tried to write every day, sometimes several times a day, as to what we had done, eaten, seen, bought, felt etc. 

I threw these in at the last moment and used them both, frequently. The scarf came in handy on plane trips, just enough to keep the A/C from making me to cool, or from it blowing down my back. Handy too for a visit to the mosque. The amount of people using fans, both men and women, was amazing. It came in very, very handy, travelling on the hop on/hop off busses, standing in queues or while waiting for a meal. Not everywhere is air-conditioned.

Take an alarm clock. Not every hotel has a clock radio, for an alarm, or clock. I used both the iPad and clock several times and we didn't miss a pick-up. Make use of the hotels wake-up phone call, too.

I hope these help you and please let me know yours as well.

Bye for now,
Lilian

Comments

  1. It's interesting to see how others approach recording their holiday memories. You've given me an idea for a blog post. Thanks Lilian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek