A reflection

It has been awhile since I last wrote and nothing really interesting has happened. The house is finished, I'm still studying and our grandson had a sleepover. Pretty ordinary stuff. Then this week, sadness touched all our lives, sudden unexpected loss.

I never meet Phillip Joel Hughes, never saw him play other than on TV but his death has caused me to reflect on how short life can be. Yesterday I listened to the 3.00pm news, Phillip was still critical, I said a prayer for him and turned the radio off. At 4.15pm I logged onto Facebook and my niece had updated her status, to RIP Phillip Hughes 1988-2014 and I grieved.

I can't imagine the loss his parents, brother and sister are feeling, my heart goes out to them. I will keep them in my prayers. To see our cricketers in tears, over this sudden accident has given the country a chance to see that they are 'real' and suffer the same grief.

My thoughts then turned to another young man, only 22, Sean Abbott. I want to hug him and reassure him that it was just that a very tragic accident. How Sean copes with this and if he plays cricket again, is something that we will have to wait for. This young man needs our support too. I for one would love to see him continue in the game, something I think Phillip would have encouraged.

I then thought about my own family, now spread over two states. I wanted to gather them close and tell them how much I love and cherish them but families move, children grow up and this Mum and Grandma can only keep them close by praying for them. I also am thankful for Skype.

I know that God will watch over my family and keep them safe and for that I am thankful. I will still worry, what parent doesn't but life is meant to be lived, enjoyed and I for one won't stop them.

Love and God Bless,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek